While dogs of all ages thrive on grain-free, high-protein diets, Merrick Grain Free Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food is formulated to meet the special nutritional needs of senior dogs.
- Deboned chicken is always the first ingredient. This high quality protein helps build and maintain healthy muscle tissue and energy levels.
- Formulated with fewer calories and fat to help aging dogs maintain a healthy weight, and L-carnitine to support a healthy metabolism.
- Packed with leading levels of Omega fatty acids support healthy skin and coat and glucosamine and chondroitin to foster joint health.
- We use real whole foods like peas, apples and blueberries full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, plus easily digestible carbohydrates like potatoes and sweet potatoes offer the benefit of sustained energy without upsetting grain-sensitive systems.
- All Merrick recipes are crafted in our Hereford, TX kitchen and cooked in the USA, in facilities that uphold strict FDA guidelines.
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Potatoes, Salmon Meal, Pea Protein, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Potato Protein, Natural Flavor, Salmon Oil, Apples, Blueberries, Gelatin, Salt, Organic Dried Alfalfa Meal, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate), Choline Chloride, L-Carnitine, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract.
Crude protein (min.)
Crude fat (min.)
Crude fiber (max.)
Omega-6 fatty acid* (min.)
Omega-3 fatty acid* (min.)
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.)
Merrick Grain Free Senior Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Recipe Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance
*If an item has an *, this nutrient is not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles.
|Goal Weight (lbs)
||Calories Per Day
||Cups Per Day (Approx)
||1 1/3 cups
||1 2/3 cups
||2 3/4 cups
||3 1/3 cups
||3 3/4 cups
||4 1/4 cups
||4 2/3 cups
||5 1/2 cups
Using the chart, divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day to determine the portion size for each meal. For dogs over 100 lbs: add 1/3 cup per additional 10 lbs
Keep a clean bowl of fresh water available at all times. Every dog is a little different, so optimal feeding amounts may vary with age, size and activity level. Please use the information below as an initial recommendation only and adjust when needed. Dry and wet food in combination will help to increase the level of water in your dog's diet. If feeding with wet food, reduce dry amount by 1/2 cup for every 6 oz of wet food.
Transitioning: Gradually mix in the new food over a 5 - 7 day period, increasing the amount of Merrick Grain Free Senior Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Recipe each day.
3490 kcal/kg or 349 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).